This workshop of painting and embellishing your clothes, is designed to address the 6,000 kilograms of used but still wearable clothing that goes into Australian landfill every 10 minutes.
Did you know that by holding on to your clothes for just 9 months longer, you can reduce your water, waste and carbon footprint by up to 30%? Refurbishing the clothes you already own enables you to express creativity and individuality whilst reducing your impact on the environment.
To begin the workshop, we will use various forms of fabric paints and stencils to each create an individual design. We will then have a break for lunch to allow the paint to dry. After lunch we will begin the fun activity of embellishing our clothes, using embroidery, sequins, buttons and more.
This workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers. Paints, brushes, embellishments, threads and other materials will be provided.
What to bring:
– Garments (jeans, shirts, jumpers) or home textiles (tea towel or tablecloth) that need reinventing
– Any fabric applique or patching
– Embellishments (buttons, patches, etc.)
– Any thread you would like to use (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc.)
– Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
– Your imagination and enthusiasm!
In response to the appalling fires in Victoria and throughout Australia, Karhina Designs will be donating 50% of workshop fees for February and March to Wildlife Victoria to assist in the care of wildlife harmed and displaced. All workshops can be booked through Karhina.
Visit the Wildlife Victoria website for more information on what they do or to make a donation