Preference will be given to members of the Mitchell Shire Community
Hosted by Mitchell Shire Council and facilitated by Sustainable Gardening Australia.
The workshop will cover:
- How the garden can be used to reduce your impact and adapt to a changing climate
- The climate 7 framework
- Organic waste and carbon emissions
- Creating micro-climates to cool gardens and houses
- Food gardening and reducing food miles
- Water smart gardening and impact on emissions
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
This event aims to raise awareness and impart knowledge of the positive impacts that gardening can make to reducing contributions to climate change and helping to build climate resilience whilst encouraging a connection to nature.
Sustainable Gardening Australia inspires, empower, and connects individuals, communities, and organisations to garden sustainably to protect and enhance the natural environment to ensure its sustainability. SGA also provides information, education, and research about the impacts of gardening on the natural environment, soil conservation, water quality, biodiversity, and ecologically sustainable development.